« Previous Page
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30

PaintinByFaith $badge

POSTS: 11

 
STUDIO | BIO
Posted On: Apr 8, 2011 at 5:38am MST

Something else you can do that I love .... I also have my post from FB fan page attatched to my Twitter. When I post to FB it automatically goes to Twitter also.

RememberThisTwo $badge

POSTS: 1719

 
STUDIO | BIO
Posted On: Apr 8, 2011 at 5:55am MST

Thanks to all who Liked me and got me to the new URL status. Question..I'm getting a lot of postings on my personal page now instead of my fanpage. Not a biggie but I have tons of relatives I would prefer to interact with on that page and know that one of these days I'll be tempted to 'hide' some of these and will miss out on the good stuff.

Did this happen because I 'liked' them from my personal page?
Or because they did something...we're talking probably half my bootcamp (my new best friends) postings are ending up where I really would prefer not to have them.

I want them here:http://www.facebook.com/rememberthis.2
Happy Sales to you...until we meet again!

ebay

Remember This

Facebook


CirclesofStone $badge

POSTS: 329

 
STUDIO | BIO
Posted On: Apr 8, 2011 at 6:06am MST

ShasCasualElegance said:

What is the difference between a "Like" and a "Fan" button? How do I get a "Fan" button?

on Apr 8, 2011 at 5:32am MST




I do not believe there is a "Fan" button, only a "Like" button on your FanPage. So when people refer to a "Fan" button they really just mean the "Like" button. Maybe at one time there was a "Fan" button, but Facebook changed it.
Lisa
Proprietor of Circles of Stone
Facebook Fanpage
Website
Twitter

Pinterest

KathisewnsewsBoutique $badge

POSTS: 188

 
STUDIO | BIO | BLOG
Posted On: Apr 8, 2011 at 6:39am MST

JazzCatGems said:

I'm with you AJBeads--I'm still having trouble getting my Kiosk over to my Biz Page. This has been since yesterday. I have a Kiosk button on my personal/admin/profile/whatever page but there has been no "add to button.

Still wondering how to put The AF Kiosk into effect.

Oh!You guys are wonderful--thanks for all the likes. It sure makes this learning process a lot more fun!

on Apr 7, 2011 at 6:47pm MST




I was having trouble getting my artfire kiosk to go to my page, this was what I would see when I tried:
You have already linked your Facebook profile to your ArtFire account! Add the Facebook Kiosk to your profile page now! Your fan pages have already been linked to ArtFire as well!

If this is what yours is doing here is what I did,
first open your face book page, then open another window and do the following:
1. Go to http://www.facebook.com/artfirekiosk
2. click the "add to my pages" button underneath the page's picture.
3. There will be a pop up window listing any and all pages it can be added to (probably just one if you only have one page). Click the "add to page" button.
I hope this helps.

Patchtique $badge

POSTS: 7143

 
STUDIO | BIO
Posted On: Apr 8, 2011 at 6:48am MST

RememberThisTwo said:

Thanks to all who Liked me and got me to the new URL status. Question..I'm getting a lot of postings on my personal page now instead of my fanpage. Not a biggie but I have tons of relatives I would prefer to interact with on that page and know that one of these days I'll be tempted to 'hide' some of these and will miss out on the good stuff.

Did this happen because I 'liked' them from my personal page?
Or because they did something...we're talking probably half my bootcamp (my new best friends) postings are ending up where I really would prefer not to have them.

I want them here:http://www.facebook.com/rememberthis.2

on Apr 8, 2011 at 5:55am MST




Yes, you Liked them from your Personal Page.  You need to make sure you are using your biz page AS your biz when you use it.  On the top right of your wall you will see a link that toggles you back and forth between your biz page and your personal page.  

If I accidentally like someone from my personal page, I delete them, then switch over to my biz page, use the Find feature, then like with my biz page.

I hope that's how it works, you can't always tell with Facebook  

Edited to add:  I switch over to my Facebook Biz page before I come to the forums, that way I am ready to go if I see a new person here I want to Like.

This post was edited by Patchtique On: Apr 8, 2011 at 6:49am MST  
"Leap, and the net will appear." ~ Julia Cameron

Join me on Facebook
on Pinterest
and on Wanelo

Patchtique $badge

POSTS: 7143

 
STUDIO | BIO
Posted On: Apr 8, 2011 at 6:50am MST

CirclesofStone said:

I do not believe there is a "Fan" button, only a "Like" button on your FanPage. So when people refer to a "Fan" button they really just mean the "Like" button. Maybe at one time there was a "Fan" button, but Facebook changed it.

on Apr 8, 2011 at 6:06am MST




Yes, there was - I wish they had kept it.


"Leap, and the net will appear." ~ Julia Cameron

Join me on Facebook
on Pinterest
and on Wanelo

ResurrectionRags $badge

POSTS: 766

 
STUDIO | BIO
Posted On: Apr 8, 2011 at 7:43am MST

Patchtique said:

Yes, you Liked them from your Personal Page.  You need to make sure you are using your biz page AS your biz when you use it.  On the top right of your wall you will see a link that toggles you back and forth between your biz page and your personal page.  


If I accidentally like someone from my personal page, I delete them, then switch over to my biz page, use the Find feature, then like with my biz page.

I hope that's how it works, you can't always tell with Facebook  

Edited to add:  I switch over to my Facebook Biz page before I come to the forums, that way I am ready to go if I see a new person here I want to Like.

on Apr 8, 2011 at 6:48am MST




from what I understand and from experience you can't really "like" from your business page you must add it to your pages favorite, liking another page from your page doesn't count, likes have to be made from your personal profile.

ETA: a few people have said they "liked" me from their business page yet they are not in my list of people who "like" my page
This post was edited by ResurrectionRags On: Apr 8, 2011 at 7:46am MST  

PinkRhododendron $badge

POSTS: 166

 
STUDIO | BIO
Posted On: Apr 8, 2011 at 7:53am MST

ResurrectionRags said:

from what I understand and from experience you can't really "like" from your business page you must add it to your pages favorite, liking another page from your page doesn't count, likes have to be made from your personal profile.

ETA: a few people have said they "liked" me from their business page yet they are not in my list of people who "like" my page

on Apr 8, 2011 at 7:43am MST




Yes this is true.  You can like someone from your biz page but it doesn't count as a "person who likes this page".  You have to "like" someone's biz page as your personal self for it to count toward "likes".

  This is what I do:  I like the biz page from my personal page (the biz page can't see anything I haven't made public).  Then under "account" I click "use Facebook as page" to switch to my biz self.  Then I go like the page again.  This way I can follow and post as my biz self.  Then when a post shows up on my personal page I hide "all from so-and-so".  If you hover around the top right corner of a post a blue X will appear and if you click it there will be options.  You can still share with your personal friends if you want but you don't see their posts in your personal newfeed.

Somewhere in "edit page" on your biz page is a place to tell Facebook that you want to show as your biz self when posting from your biz page.  This way you won't show up as your personal self when you post from your biz page.

Does that make sense?   


PinkRhododendron $badge

POSTS: 166

 
STUDIO | BIO
Posted On: Apr 8, 2011 at 7:55am MST

CirclesofStone said:

I do not believe there is a "Fan" button, only a "Like" button on your FanPage. So when people refer to a "Fan" button they really just mean the "Like" button. Maybe at one time there was a "Fan" button, but Facebook changed it.

on Apr 8, 2011 at 6:06am MST




Yes it used to be "fan my page" and now it's "like my page".  People are still saying "fan" though so it's confusing.

esjewelry $badge

POSTS: 78

 
STUDIO | BIO
Posted On: Apr 8, 2011 at 8:00am MST

Thanks so much to you all for helping me out! Some of this stuff is completely brand new and I love having a group of people that are willing to help!! You guys are awesome!!! =)


« Previous Page
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30