25 Organic Honeoye Strawberry Seeds- Produces entire season
25 Organic Honeoye Strawberry Seeds
Description: Long harvest season! Early/midseason. Large, dark red fruit on vigorous plants. Excellent freezing quality. Flavor may decline in extremely hot conditions. A great choice for the Northeast and Midwest. One of the best Organic Strawberries for container growing.
Fruit Color: Deep crimson red berries that are overly large and slightly tart.
Fruit Cones: An accessory fruit that is not a true fruit, due to seeds being borne on the exterior of the fruit. Unique to the strawberry.
Flowers: Small - 1/2 to 1 inch flowers. The flower in the first crotch is termed the primary flower, the two in the next two crotches are termed secondary flowers, the next four are tertiary flowers, the next eight are the quaternary, and the next 16, if they develop, are the quinary flowers. The primary flower opens first and usually produces the largest berry.
Flower Color: White to Yellow
Flower Period: Varied due to location, planting time, environmental conditions, and other factors
Life Cycle: Perennials
Diameter Spread: Spreading, running, ground type plant
Form: Dependent upon growing location
Height: Low, grows close to ground
Foliage: Small, toothed, triple leaves on central stalk, forming florets around fruit
Foliage Color: Green
Growth Habit: Low growing, mounding, or running, depending on soil, sun, competition, and location. Easily controlled, container grown, and transplanted
Plating Season: Planting Organic Strawberries in the spring as well as fall has its individual benefits. By planting in the spring, you are taking advantage of the warmer weather that will help the plants grow fast and strong, but you may have to wait a year for the plants to bear fruit. Planting Organic Strawberries in the autumn will take advantage of the colder months to allow the seeds to start growing naturally when the weather is cool enough got them to naturally start, more than likely beating you to the punch by a few weeks. (Remember, Strawberries are incredibly robust and a few additional touches of cold weather, even a freeze or two will not harm them.)
Home Uses: Strawberries may be grown as a wild crop or tended garden crop. Their uses are limited only by the grower's ability or imagination. May be grown for fresh crop, fruits, harvesting leaves and chutes for herbal teas, poultices, and other homeopathic remedies. Strawberries are a wonderful fruit to preserve, can, jam, and add to other preserved fruits.
Germination: Sow seeds on the surface of soil or planting medium. Lightly cover with loose soil, water with spray bottle. (So not water with can or hose) Keep in sunny location, or sow directly in permanent location, if providing protection from predators, and ample water until established.
Maintenance: Low, weeding, and harvesting
Pests/Diseases: Wilt, Spot & Rot - if present in growing area
Cultural Requirements: Loamy, well-draining soils are best. However, strawberry plants will grow in a variety of soils and other environmental conditions. May be grown in native, amended, or depleted soils, depending on desired use
USDA Zones: Native in 3b to 9a, but may be grown in all locations in the USA, Canada, and Europe.
Spacing: Grower Dependent
Sun: Full for best results, dappled or filtered shade, once established
Water: Water when first germinating, lightly, with proper amount of water. Do not over water. Very adaptable once established, and requires little if any water once mature
Texture: Fine to medium
Wildlife/Landscape Value: Strawberries are a common source of food for many wild animals, birds, and are harvested by people for the fruit, and occasionally, the foliage
All Other Countries
First Item: $6.99
Additional Items: $0.99
First Item: $3.99
Additional Items: $0.69
DownrightNatural Policies & Guidelines
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Estimated shipping times
* Australia: 7-21 business days
* Canada: 3-10 business days
* North America: 3-5 business days
* Europe: 7-14 business days
* Australia, New Zealand, and Oceania: 7-14 business days
* Asia Pacific: 14-21 business days
* Latin America and the Caribbean: 7-14 business days
* North Africa and the Middle East: 14-28 business days
* Sub-Saharan Africa: 14-21 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates but cannot guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
* Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
* Contact me within: 3 days of delivery
* Ship items back within: 7 days of delivery
* Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
* Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
* Custom or personalized orders
* Perishable products (like food or flowers)
Conditions of return
* Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Questions about your order?
* Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
* I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
* To communicate with you about your order
* To fulfill your order
* For legal reasons (like paying taxes)
Custom and personalized orders
* Please contact us for customized or personalized items. They are not listed here on ArtFire, but we do offer this service, when applicable or available.
* All seeds currently listed on ArtFire are available in custom quantities.
* Please contact us for wholesale amounts not listed in our store. We carry wholesale lots of seed and other Organic Supplies.
* Do to crops, availability of seed or items, and other constraints, we will do what we can to fulfill any wholesale request.
* Wholesale quantities can be found on www.downrightnatural.com
Gift wrapping and packaging
* We do not currently offer gift wrapping services.
* Seeds: Since all seeds are different, even within the same species, their care, storage, planting, germination, care, maintenance, and harvesting are all different. I try to present all of the important information in my listings and included in the packaging if requested. (If you have any questions regarding a purchase, please contact me, and I will help where I am able.)
* Handcrafted & Wildcrafted items: Due to the unique qualities inherent in the various hand and wildcrafted items I offer, each one has differing care and storage concerns. Please contact me for detailed or specific information regarding your purchase for further instructions or assistance.
Scarification & Stratification of Seeds
* When applicable, all seeds are stored in temperature and humidity controlled environments. This either stratifies or partially stratifies the seeds in question. We do not, and will not, scarify seed prior to shipment. (This is done to reduce the chance of pathogens or microbes inhibiting or destroying the seed during transit.) If you have any questions regarding stratification and scarification of a particular seed, please contact me directly, and I will help you with what to do and how to do it for optimum results.
International Orders (Standardized English [Latin Characters] spelling for ease of delivery)
* If your order is for a destination outside the United States, please provide standardized English spellings for postal addresses. (Cyrillic, East Asian, or other local address languages cannot be processed in a reasonable time by the USPS.)
* I ask you to do this is to avoid delays, refusals, and returns for your items when the address provided is not able to be easily understood by the United States Postal Service; or the characters printed are not readable due to system or computer constraints, both in printing and by processing by the various postal entities.
* I will include your address in English (Standard Latin alphabet) as well as provided by you for easy of handling and delivery by all postal authorities handling the package.
* Please contact me with any questions regarding your postal address or options you desire.
International Payments for Orders
* If you live outside of the United States and are ordering from DownrightNatural and paying by any other method that requires you to mail payment to us. Please ensure the following is followed 100%, or your order may not be fulfilled and your payment returned:
* 1) All orders MUST include your ARTFIRE ORDER NUMBER
* 2) All order must Include your PROPER MAILING ADDRESS
* 3) All Payment MUST be made payable in US DOLLARS (US$)
* 4) Payment MUST be received within 14 days, or your order will be CANCELLED
* 5) International Personal Checks will NOT BE HONORED
* 6) International Business Checks will NOT BE HONORED
* 7) Payment in anything but UNITED STATES DOLLARS will NOT BE HONORED
(I am sorry if this seems blunt, but, the fees to process your payment in anythign but US Dollars is cost prohibitive
to providing you economical seeds and crafts.)
Purchased monkey puzzle tree seeds. They arrived on time and in acceptable packaging, but the seeds are way too tiny. This type of tree produces large seeds, usually 1.5 to 2 inches in length. The seeds I received where not even 1/16 of an inch.
Emailed seller twice regarding my surprise and concern and have not received a response.
My recommendation: Find another seller.