Surah 88- Al-Ghashiya: The Overwhelming- Islamic Calligraphy Print
This is a limited edition print out of 50, shipped directly from the artist. The print will also have the signatures (in Arabic and English) along with the print number written at the bottom in graphite. Dimensions: 35x35cm.
These prints are part of a series I'm doing of abstract images from the Holy Quran. So far I've completed five complete surahs of the Quran, as well as many additional pieces containing one or more verses. Eventually I intend to write the entire Quran in these images. This Surah is called Al-Ghashiyah, meaning "The Overwhelming". All 26 verses are written and none are repeated. The first verse is written in the very center. The verses continue in the inner ring, then into the pointed ring. The verses continue in the two six pointed stars, then in the four circles. The text finally finishes in the outer ring. The verses can also be identified by their Hindu-Arabic numberals found at the end of each verse. A full translation by Sahih International can be read at the bottom of this description.
The overall design for this piece was inspired by the Surah number of this piece, which is 88. In the hindu-arabic numerals, 88 is written as two upside down V's. Which is why I chose to repeat this V shape throughout the Surah.
Every print is signed, numbered and shipped directly from the artist and is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity. The numbered certificate includes a full explanation and translation of the peice in both Arabic and English.
The price of these prints will change based on the availability of remaining prints.
Shipping includes insurance and tracking, anywhere in the world.
1. Has there reached you the report of the Overwhelming [event]?
2. [Some] faces, that Day, will be humbled,
3. Working [hard] and exhausted.
4. They will [enter to] burn in an intensely hot Fire.
5. They will be given drink from a boiling spring.
6. For them there will be no food except from a poisonous, thorny plant
7. Which neither nourishes nor avails against hunger.
8. [Other] faces, that Day, will show pleasure.
9. With their effort [they are] satisfied
10. In an elevated garden,
11. Wherein they will hear no unsuitable speech.
12. Within it is a flowing spring.
13. Within it are couches raised high
14. And cups put in place
15. And cushions lined up
16. And carpets spread around.
17. Then do they not look at the camels – how they are created?
18. And at the sky – how it is raised?
19. And at the mountains – how they are erected?
20. And at the earth – how it is spread out?
21. So remind, [O Muhammad]; you are only a reminder.
22. You are not over them a controller.
23. However, he who turns away and disbelieves –
24. Then Allah will punish him with the greatest punishment.
25. Indeed, to Us is their return.
26. Then indeed, upon Us is their account.
First Item: $ 5.00
Additional Items: $ 0.00
All Other Countries
First Item: $ 17.00
Additional Items: $ 5.00